Bringing 20+ Years’ Senior Business Leadership to your business
I discovered my passion for business shortly after graduating when I randomly selected a book in the local bookstore. It was simply called “Management” and I took it home and devoured it. It happened to be written by a certain Peter F Drucker! I knew there and then that I wanted to develop my career in management. Although I am passionate about learning, it is not the knowledge that creates my passion for business it is the application of that knowledge and using it to improve business performance that is my true passion.
What followed was a 30-year career in business with over 25 years of strategic business leadership; leading and building businesses from start-up to scaling businesses with a multi-location international footprint.
As an experienced business leader, having functioned as a member of global executive management teams and leading multi-location SME sized subsidiaries, I know that successful businesses do not just make great plans, they excel at the delivery and implementation of those plans. I know that successful businesses do not just have great people, they have powerful teams. These are the things that make a difference. I bring experience and expertise in growing both the top and bottom lines and implementing strategic business development. I have developed and delivered strategy and growth plans to achieve organic and acquisitive profitable growth. Your business can be the benefactor of these experiences and competences.
The best sports teams in the world do not have more players on the pitch, they have better players and are more powerful teams!
With core competences focused on developing and delivering strategic growth, improving bottom line performance and implementing change transformation, I can assist you in the development and growth of your organisation and achieving your aspirations.
Core attributes & experience
- Business leadership: leading multi-functional remote business teams.
- Business management and planning: Budgets & financial plans. P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow management.
- Creating engagement: developing & leading results driven teams and improving business performance through the effectiveness and efficiency of people.
- Development and implementation of strategic business plans to achieve profitable growth.
- Creating customer retention and market penetration through the introduction, development and leadership of B2B sales skills & process along with the formulation of innovative commercial models to retain and win profitable business.
- Delivering market development strategies through market research and developing and delivering growth utilising strategic partnerships for the supply and distribution of products and services.
- Business integration, turnaround, transformation and change management expertise through leading post-acquisition planning and implementation.
- Acute cultural awareness from operating in international markets and businesses.
- Extensive experience in the Industrial Equipment & Products sectors: mining and heavy industries, industrial products and services; supplying capital equipment, aftermarket product & service, industrial automation and process control and onsite, 24/7/365, outsourced services.
- Graduate engineer with post-graduate management diploma.
- BSc (Hons), University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Henley Business School.
Key Career Roles
Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is the world’s leading earthmover and mining tyre specialist, with more than 40 years of tyre supply, outsourced tyre management services, tyre repair services and retread manufacturing.
MD West Africa: leadership responsibility for multi-location international operations in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Tanzania and business development throughout West & East Africa.
NYSE listed world leading supplier of proprietary engineered technologies, equipment and engineering design services
President – Minerals Division; leading KHD’s proprietary minerals processing equipment & technology business around the world.
Industrial equipment design, supply, and manufacture. Listed on Toronto Stock Exchange listed with sales revenue exceeding £500m.
Vice-President and General Manager: Eimco Water Technologies (now Ovivo): responsible for global leadership of international subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia/Asia Pacific delivering conventional to advanced water treatment solutions for the industrial and municipal markets.
Vice-President and General Manager: Process Division: delivering proprietary engineered equipment and OEM aftermarket sales and service to mining industry in Southern Africa, Australia & South-East Asia.
Managing Director: established and developed new international subsidiary supplying and servicing mining industry.